Monday, March 9, 2009

Revival Time

Dear Readers,

I'm trying to find more time in my week to work on my novel, which means that I'm going to take a short break from blogging for about a month or so in order to revise. Some weeks, I can spend as much as five or six hours writing these blogs, and I need to use that time to revise my novel.

Until I return (though you never know when a new blog entry might pop up), I will be reviving some of my favorite columns from the past twenty months. I pour so much into some of these, I've always thought it a shame that most of them will never be read much after they were originally posted. I guess this is a good remedy to that.

I hope you will all bear with me until my return. I love my blog audience, but I also need to be proactive in pursuing all avenues available to reach my ultimate end, publication and production. To quote myself, "Could you imagine if Nicholas Sparks, John Grisham, or Amy Tan wanted to write a Broadway musical? Yeah, skip the overture and go directly to the eleven o'clock number, that's what would happen."

In the meantime, if anyone out there has any knowledge of what to do to pursue publication, I would appreciate any insight! I followed every wrong path to production, so I'd appreciate any mentorship from someone who knows. You can leave feedback here anonymously, or you can email me at broadwayloudmouth@yahoo.com.

the Broadway Mouth
March 9, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your best bet is to get an agent. Be sure you have a complete manuscript, find an agent who represents your genre, and send a kick-ass query letter. A good place to start is to do a Google search for "literary agent blog". So many of them are blogging now and detail exactly what they're looking for. DO NOT send blindly to a publishing company. It will never be seen.

Jim Miles said...

Thanks so much. That's great to know.