Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Amazing Broadway Performer: Carolee Carmello

I’ve never seen Carolee Carmello perform, but I am still madly in love with her talent. The only experience I have with her is on my Parade CD, but that was all it took to get hooked. I could go through and list all of the songs she sings and say how they are great, but my two favorites are her duets with Brent Carver on “This is Not Over Yet” and “All the Wasted Time,” which are so beautiful and moving.

I love when women’s voices have passion and power. Carolee Carmello’s voice is so warm and deep that she exudes a passion worthy of the great epic shows of the previous two decades. I so wish I could have seen her in The Scarlet Pimpernel because her voice is so perfectly suited to those wonderful Wildhorn songs. As for power, you can hear that coming through on disc, and you can only imagine how amazing she sounds live in a theatre.

Unofficial Website: http://caroleecarmello.com/index2.html



the Broadway Mouth
August 21, 2007

No comments: